Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do Dextor yearling go for

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What do Dextor yearling go for on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Does anybody know what a yearling dextor cow would sell for and a 2 year Dextor Bull. Thanyou. My son wants us to buy one to slaughter but I have no idea what to pay for one. Any ideas?

2 Re: What do Dextor yearling go for on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 pm

rosewood

Golden Member
Golden Member
We are considering buying a Highland steer here. The quoted prices start at a $1000 depending on age. We go through periods of time when our own are all steers or all heifers. Right now we are in an all heifer period.

3 Re: What do Dextor yearling go for on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 pm

heda gobbler

Golden Member
Golden Member
If you are just looking for a beef a steer (castrated male) would be as good and probably cheaper as there is no expectation of breeding it! Also probably wouldn't need to be registered - cheaper again. Dexter prices seem to vary widely esp for the unregistered ones. Can't really give you any direction there, except that cattle prices are climbing steadily after a very long time in the pits.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

4 Re: What do Dextor yearling go for on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:43 am

Schipperkesue

Golden Member
Golden Member
There were 3 steers up here going for $500 for the bunch. I ready for the freezer to to finish this summer.

5 Re: What do Dextor yearling go for on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:38 am

Grandma Art

sounds like a plan... being I dont have goats anymore, I do have room for a few Dexters cause they are soooo little.

http://www.sheltiesalberta.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum