Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island-

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buff Sussex - Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Empty Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:28 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Originating from Greendale heritage farms last fall, this pair is still young and nearly ready to start laying eggs to fill your incubator! Nice pair, the rooster was friendly enough to weasel his way out of becoming a hawk's breakfast, and the pullet is also friendly. They are very docile but my other boys are picking on the buff boy so he has to go ASAP. $25 for the pair Smile I can email photos but can't load them on here, my computer is too ancient to agree with me about much of anything.

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

2Buff Sussex - Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Empty Re: Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:31 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh don't tempt me with Buff Sussex...
Good thing there is some distance between us lol
What a great deal though for someone and also Buff Sussex are quite Rare.

3Buff Sussex - Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Empty Re: Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:44 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yeah, on the inside a little part of me is saying "if we just built one more pen..........." I have a bunch of the buff pullets in my laying flock, they are a smaller variety then the LS but the boys still butchered out well (except this one, he was younger and missed the train!), they were a little skinny but no less than 4lbs and we butchered them earlier then normal because I needed their pen. This is a great project for someone wanting nice tame, friendly birds that lay early and are pretty!

4Buff Sussex - Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Empty Re: Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with
KRL
sure glad you are far from here

5Buff Sussex - Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Empty Re: Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

We still have our Buff Sussex flock from Heidi as well, I wonder if your pair are offspring or not?

Would love to see pics...

Sent you a PM

6Buff Sussex - Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Empty Re: Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Kim from Kamloops

Kim from Kamloops

I'd like to see a pic of a Buff Sussex as well...Maybe Johnny you could post a pic if you get them?

7Buff Sussex - Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Empty Re: Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Buff Sussex pullet:

Buff Sussex - Buff Sussex Pair - Vancouver Island- IMAG0635

The cockerel is a bit more red, but I didn't have a good photo opportunity today... will try again this week Smile They are still available.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum