Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for some really nice Black Ameraucana hens

+4
Hidden River
mirycreek
uno
Schipperkesue
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a beautiful Roo from Coopslave and was thinking I would like to get him some lovely ladies of his own. I am very partial to black- Black Cochins, Black Schipperkes, so why not some lovely Black Ameraucanas? Does anyone have a couple good quality hens they would like to part with?

Sue

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

No, but I have some licorice I would be willing to share.

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:No, but I have some licorice I would be willing to share.
? Surprised

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you like black chickens so much why not get Australorps. affraid

I don't have any hens right now I want to sell, but maybe if I come up in May/June I might be willing to part with some. I also have a hatch due tomorrow that will have black Ameraucana's in it, if you wanted to have chicks.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have black hens that eat black licorice.

Sue, I have some funky all black hens. I have no idea what they are. Eyes, comb, beak, skin, all black. No, not Silkies. Someone butchered some surplus roos and said their flesh was black too (he threw them away thinking there was something wrong with the meat) So if you're partial to some black mystery chickens, I can send you some eggs and you can see if you get any of the all blacks to hatch. Feeling adventurous? You know where to find me and my mystery hens.

Oh, should add there is a heavy Australorp influence in these birds, although all black is NOT an Australorp trait. I have been impressed with my AUssie hens.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:

Sue, I have some funky all black hens. I have no idea what they are. Eyes, comb, beak, skin, all black. No, not Silkies. Someone butchered some surplus roos and said their flesh was black too (he threw them away thinking there was something wrong with the meat) So if you're partial to some black mystery chickens, I can send you some eggs and you can see if you get any of the all blacks to hatch. Feeling adventurous? You know where to find me and my mystery hens.

Uno if they are not a large bird, they may be sumatras. What type of comb do they have? Sumatras have always facinated me.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno- How much do you want for your licorice? Are you willing to ship it?

Uno- I would also be interested in some all black chicken eggs. They sound fascinating. Again, are you willing to ship?

Hidden- Australorps- don't even go there. I have no time for those ill mannered nasty creatures!

Hidden- yes, I might be interested in some chicks! Please let me know how your hatch goes.

Dan- yes I know you are out there sniggering at the Australorp remark. No comments from you please, if you know what is good for you!

So there.

Sue

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote: I have no time for those ill mannered nasty creatures!

Whaaaaaaat!! Thats just crazy talk!!!!
These are one of the best mannered breeds of chickens ever created!!! Sheesh! Rolling Eyes

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lucky you Sue! I remember that blk AM boy from coopslave, he is gorgeous. I love you

I do have a black pullet I was planning on selling as a layer, but she's not the best type. (at least to my eye.) Her muffs/and beard are pretty sparse too, so she's probably not homozygous for them either. Nice temperament though, and egg colour is ok. Just thought I'd put the offer out there...

Uno, I think you need to post pictures of these black hens. They sound really neat.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm, thanks for the offer Flicker Chick. I must think on this. Do you have any pictures handy? He is such a nice boy I would like really typy girls for him... hopefully if I can't find adults a chick or two might work out.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dark Wing Duck wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote: I have no time for those ill mannered nasty creatures!

Whaaaaaaat!! Thats just crazy talk!!!!
These are one of the best mannered breeds of chickens ever created!!! Sheesh! Rolling Eyes

DWD, you would be singing a different tune if you had an Australorp roo fly at you regularly with the business ends of his claws and spurs aimed at various portions of your anatomy!

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Hmmm, thanks for the offer Flicker Chick. I must think on this. Do you have any pictures handy? He is such a nice boy I would like really typy girls for him... hopefully if I can't find adults a chick or two might work out.

No worries. Smile I'll post a few pics I have uploaded.

Not the most flattering pic, but it’s the best up close of her I have. (The blue/red feathers by the top of her tail belong to an EE pullet hiding behind her, this girl is solid black).
Looking for some really nice Black Ameraucana hens BlkAMpullet2012070-1
Better shot of her natural posture, minus the Barred Rock blocking her.
Looking for some really nice Black Ameraucana hens Chickenpicss2012041
Head shot – looking for treats as usual. lol
Looking for some really nice Black Ameraucana hens Chickenpicss2012074

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like Her Flicker
even if no one else does LOL
what are you asking for her
I dont have Blacks but I think I can breed her with the Blue

Joe

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like her too, though she is lacking a little in the whiskers, she seems to have a decent body. I am interested. Let's chat and see if transport is possible. You have my number, or please send me yours.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue if Flicker can get her to me, I can get her up towards you in a couple weeks. I think my brother is coming down in March and then should be heading back up around the 12th.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River wrote:Sue if Flicker can get her to me, I can get her up towards you in a couple weeks. I think my brother is coming down in March and then should be heading back up around the 12th.

This could work, Hidden. Is this your brother up in Westlock?

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I’d like her better if I could put a different tail on her. And a real beard! tongue Perhaps I am too fussy.

Hidden, I will email you. Hopefully we can make this work!

Appway, you can definitely breed blue over black and would get approx 50% blue/50% black chicks.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue yes he is the one up at Westlock. He will be coming home to get some stuff once they find a place to rent, so could be sooner than that even. But either way he will be down by the middle of March and I can send her back with him.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is not a great pic, but will post it anyway.

The all black hen is second from left. In the flash her wattles have a very dark purple hue, but I refer to this colour as black. Note skin on her face, around her eye, is black. The eye itself is not red or auburn or gold, it is jet black.

At birth I can pick out which will be all black by looking at their bums. There are light bums, and there are black bums and those black ones stay black.

Looking for some really nice Black Ameraucana hens Picture545-1

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:This is not a great pic, but will post it anyway.

The all black hen is second from left. In the flash her wattles have a very dark purple hue, but I refer to this colour as black. Note skin on her face, around her eye, is black. The eye itself is not red or auburn or gold, it is jet black.

At birth I can pick out which will be all black by looking at their bums. There are light bums, and there are black bums and those black ones stay black.

Looking for some really nice Black Ameraucana hens Picture545-1

This is very cool, Uno.

Do you want these chicks? Would you consider selling me a bunch? I would make it a road trip and come to get them sometime when you have a few saved up. I like the idea of an allblack chicken, even the meat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum