Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Father Was A Fancier

+3
CynthiaM
poplar girl
HigginsRAT
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Father Was A Fancier Empty Father Was A Fancier Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:18 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

2Father Was A Fancier Empty Re: Father Was A Fancier Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:07 am

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Tara I loved that story. Really, truely loved it. Thank you for sharing it.

3Father Was A Fancier Empty Re: Father Was A Fancier Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, such a powerful story. I real with interest and was intrigued by the writing style of this man. Such a long story, so well written. I wonder what gives some a special skill of holding us spellbound when a story was told. This was a story of such beauty, that it will be mulled in my mind, I know, probably over and over, as I was by the side of this man as he recounted the story of the Golden Pencilled Hamburg. Wow. It made me feel sad that the Father sold the birds to pay for the Son's education. But that is what so many parents do, their sacrifice of things for offspring. So interesting, that style of writing, and I enjoyed the story in an immense degree. Where on earth these things are found, these memories that people care to account, awesome!! I loved the read, thank you for sharing these thoughts, very thought provoking, especially about the knowing the right matings, to make right birds, smiling. Have that wonderful day, CynthiaM.

4Father Was A Fancier Empty Re: Father Was A Fancier Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:36 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

beautiful.......thank you

5Father Was A Fancier Empty Re: Father Was A Fancier Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:39 am

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have always enjoyed this story!

6Father Was A Fancier Empty Re: Father Was A Fancier Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

7Father Was A Fancier Empty Re: Father Was A Fancier Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a beautiful, heartwarming story. I love you I enjoyed reading it immensely. Thank you!

8Father Was A Fancier Empty Re: Father Was A Fancier Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:49 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

HigginsRAT wrote:(Tales from Rat World--you always make me grin Cindi...you have not read all the stories there, for this is one of them, one of those nuggets just sitting there for the taking), article 31, the last one before a newspaper article about the kid's bird club Rick and I started up

Such an observant woman to know that I have indeed not read all the tales, and I can bet my bottom dollar that there are some good uns!! You are 100% bang on with this -- I have such good intention Very Happy to read and read and read, and just seem to never that that extra moment to go where I want to go. My agenda.....read the Tales From Rat World on your site, good idea, and yep, gonna go there and read..lawdy, Tara, I love to read things, and accounts of the human being experiences are one of my favourites. Gonna go to the Tales of the Rat World tomorrow mornin'. I know so many others love to read tales, so perhaps we will be all a-readin' tales on your website, listening to those tales of yore. Beautiful and wonderful days, CynthiaM.

9Father Was A Fancier Empty Re: Father Was A Fancier Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What a wonderful story! Lou

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum