Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Golden Hens Wanted

+2
CynthiaM
Dark Wing Duck
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Red Golden Hens Wanted  Empty Red Golden Hens Wanted Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:49 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

A friend of mine, who doesn't use computers, is looking for one or two Red Golden hens of breeding age. If you have any to sell, I will pass on his contact number to you so you can deal direct with him.
Thanks.

2Red Golden Hens Wanted  Empty Re: Red Golden Hens Wanted Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:02 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am wondering what type of chicken that is, maybe I am kind of uninformed, but is there a breed called red golden chicken? I would love to know, sounds very pretty. have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

3Red Golden Hens Wanted  Empty Re: Red Golden Hens Wanted Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 am

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

cynthia i think dwd mean red gold pheasants...?

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

4Red Golden Hens Wanted  Empty Re: Red Golden Hens Wanted Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:47 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

triplejfarms wrote:cynthia i think dwd mean red gold pheasants...?

Well, rock my socks, I guess any pheasant people would have known exactly what this was, I certainly did not, I thought of a chicken hen. I guess if someone said that they were looking for a bronze hen, someone that didn't know that was referring to a turkey hen, would have thought the same thing, smiling that big smile.....just gotta read through things a little more closely I guess Shocked . Anyways, thanks triplej, you helped out a very confused gal today Cool have a wonderful one, CynthiaM.

5Red Golden Hens Wanted  Empty Re: Red Golden Hens Wanted Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:16 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

6Red Golden Hens Wanted  Empty Re: Red Golden Hens Wanted Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:29 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes, thank you!
It is indeed a Red Golden Pheasant hen he is looking for!!!! cyclops

7Red Golden Hens Wanted  Empty Re: Red Golden Hens Wanted Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:26 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I have three hens right now, but I wouldn't want to sell them to you, or your friend.

Tsamis and I bought these RG's at an auction, when we got them home, within a few days I noticed that two of the three hens have some sort of neurological disorder.
compared to the third hen they constantly bob their heads, one wing droops, and they twitch every now and then. Despite these obvious issues, they are very healthy. Rather friendly to boot, compared to the third one who is super skittish.

They were laying eggs last year, but not sure about the fertility of them, as they were laid few and far in-between.

Let me know if you come across any as I am also looking to introduce a few new hens.

8Red Golden Hens Wanted  Empty Re: Red Golden Hens Wanted Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:16 am

TysExotics

Johnny if they are twitching their heads, they may have ear mites. Maybe put a couple drops of ivormectin or noromectin in their ears, wont hurt if that isn't the case.

http://www.prairieexotics.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum