Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alberta - when do the sales occur here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Alberta - when do the sales occur here? on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:32 am

dooversue

Hello all,
When do the sales (&or shows) occur here in Alberta? I heard talk of a spring sale, I know that Innisfail has their Odd & Unusual spring & fall (but as a novice - I'd rather buy direct from breeders or from a 'breeder sale' like what just took place in Red Deer.
So - if you have dates (even tentative plans or third weekend of type plans) for sales - could you post them here?
THANKS!

2 Re: Alberta - when do the sales occur here? on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Hidden River

Golden Member
Golden Member
I am certain that Ty will be putting on a sale this spring, it is South of Calgary near Milo. It is a great sale, indoors so weather doesnt affect it. I would guess sometime in May.
I was prodding Liz a bit about a spring sale in Red Deer, she wouldnt spill the beans for me but she is trying to plan something a bit different???So wait and see on that one.
I know TripleJ did a swap of sorts last year in the summer near her, so maybe that is an option as well for spring?

I always encourage people to avoid auctions if at all possible, you never know what you are bringing home for birds or diseases, so be cautious on that. If you want a good start into some breeds, the breeder type sales are the best. Hopefully there will be a lot of swap type sales this spring.

Here in Saskatchewan we are hoping to do some swap type sales again, I am hoping Murray will do the Simpson one again, and we have a little trio of ladies here trying to get a Swift Current sale going as well...Still too early in the planning to say if it is a go or not yet.

3 Re: Alberta - when do the sales occur here? on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:45 pm

triplejfarms

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
yea i have rented the hall again for next year its july 28 at glen park hall same time same place 11-2 pm Smile i didnt want to over lap on any other sales so i chose the same time as last year! Smile cheers

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

4 Re: Alberta - when do the sales occur here? on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Arcticsun

Golden Member
Golden Member
Fantastic!!!! I will put that in my book!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum