Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to get sticky poo out of a cochin bum....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

My daughter has 4 very nicely groomed cochins, they keep themselves pretty nice. But one hen has a nasty back side, how do I get that out of her without damaging her fluff for the show?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River wrote:My daughter has 4 very nicely groomed cochins, they keep themselves pretty nice. But one hen has a nasty back side, how do I get that out of her without damaging her fluff for the show?

Soaking, soaking and more soaking to dissolve the poo.

Be careful! If you soak too long you can dissolve the cochin!

Sue

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Some cochins have messy rearends, bothersome. I am always looking at them and if I see any kind of build of poop, I pull that gently off, that usually takes care of it enough that there is not drastic measures. If it does not come off gently then soaking, as Sue said, it will release and then blowdry. Can't stand those messy bums, but guess the fluff just gets in the way sometimes. I consider soaking and blowdrying to be a drastic and annoying measure. Good luck with the gal in the show, hope to hear that she takes some nice awards, smiling. Gentle, use the fingers to gently rough up the fluff to get it off, it will come off!! Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

There are some good suggestions here. I'm curious about what you do if the cochin does dissolve?

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Can you trim some of it off that is directly by her vent without affecting her look for judging? If not you will have to soak and do a mini rebath. If she is receiving additional treats that may be giving her a loose stool. If so you will have to switch do a treat that will not affect her stool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum