Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thinking of Ordering Freedom Rangers

+9
ChicoryFarm
Cathyjk
pawsdaisy
ipf
turkeylurkey
fuzzylittlefriend
debbiej
Sultan
rosewood
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Thinking of Ordering Freedom Rangers - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of Ordering Freedom Rangers Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:50 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm not likely to go in on an order with anyone as too many orders have gone sideways. I even had trouble just from picking up an order for another party as bantams and standards were packed together by the hatchery. The order was for the bantams, but it was mostly the standards put in for warmth that survived.

27Thinking of Ordering Freedom Rangers - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of Ordering Freedom Rangers Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We processed our FRs at 11 weeks Briarwood. The carcass' are so nice. The breasts are long and deep and the legs are thick with meat. The fat is evenly distributed not a thick layer over the bird. I am very happy with the Freedom Rangers but I look forward to trying a Mistral Gris next time around.
Your set up would be more appropriate than mine for raising up these kinds of meat birds as you have more space available. A friend of mine did his at the same time and had even better results than I and I contribute it to his set up being more 'free range' than mine.

XOX Monika

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum