Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHB Bathing Seminar Oct 22 ~ Edmonton Area

+2
Arcticsun
k.r.l
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CHB Bathing Seminar Oct 22 ~ Edmonton Area Empty CHB Bathing Seminar Oct 22 ~ Edmonton Area Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:44 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Due to people asking for this Canadian Heritage Breeds will be running another Poultry Bathing Seminar. Thanks to triplejfarm for offering the facilities of her business Conjuring Creek Boarding Kennels.

So the date is set for Oct 22nd from 12:30 to 3:30. Anyone interested in attending please contact triplejfarm or myself.

If you plan to attend please bring a chair and a snack to share. Janet will have the coffee on!

for directions to conjuringcreek boarding kennels search it on google and there is a map.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Have you ever saw a wet silkie before...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Even wet they are adoreable!!!

A bathing seminar is a great idea, and perfect timing for the show.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Shocked Adorable is not the first word that comes to my mind when looking at a wet silkie. Yeah Arcticsun your right the timing is good.

Oh I forgot to say this Bathinging Seminar is FREE to any who want to attend, but do to limited space it will be first come first serve. I have recieved some emails from people who are attending already!

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I went to the bathing seminar last year and learned so much. I had seen the pictures on line and sort of knew the procedure but was a little hesitant to actually do it myself. Seeing in person how easy it is and the results of a good bath was really helpfull for me.
I plan to show this December and my birds are pretty wild and bathing is a great way to tame them down, as well as get a pretty bird. I am going to bath all my birds before going into winter and give my coop a good clean, its a perfect opportunity to give each bird a good look over and catch any problems.
For those of you that feel a little tentative about bathing you should definitely consider attending the lecture and demonstration you won't regret it.
Also nice to meet other people face to face that you know on line.
cheers

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Glad to hear you learned lots nuthatch333! I will be looking forward to seeing your birds at the december show!

Oh and DSSR is going to be attending the bathing seminar with us Very Happy

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Check out the event on facebook on the Canadian Heritage Breeds group page.

Glad to see steve and liz are coming too!

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I wont be attending Sad Cows are out everywhere, fences are down due to a large number of trees that decided to sleep on the fence. Full weekends worth of fencing ahead of me! yay...

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Just heading out to Collect Mr Darth Vader and head to the show...... and I realized something. I am a newbie at this for sure. Embarassed
I don't have a proper transport crate.

So I did what I could for today and made a Substitute travel kittle litter converted Chicken Crate, LOL Vader will hate me.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Lol Jonny what ever it takes. Glad you brought Vader to the bathing seminar. He sure looked great after he was bathed!

I hope everyone will be putting there new knowledge to the test soon!

Thanks Again to Triplejfarms for allowing us to use her amazing facilities! Very Happy

(Also a side note : any Newbies looking for good deals on travel cages. Thrift stores often have kennels there for $10 or less. Work great for transporting birds)

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

thanks for showing us this guys! it was allot of fun! i posted the video in the show section if anyones interested!

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Thanks a million for the Demonstration yesterday. It was very informative as well as insightful.
I appreciate the all the assistance in how to properly handle my Chickens as well. I don't handle them very often and the tips I got from both Liz and Kyle were great. I actually got to spend a few mins holding one of my younger hens today and gave her a good looking over.

I will have to take some pics of Vader today, just charging my iphone. He is looking great, has fluffed out a bit and is super shinny!
I can't get over how much a difference it makes.

Thanks a million to Triple J, she has a wonderful facility and hosted gracefully this seminar and makes a MEAN Chili, i should have brought tupperware so I could have enjoyed some more today, hehe. Also I very much enjoyed the Candy Cake dessert, that was amazing, had the right balance of sweetness, it was a Skor... hehe get it? (those who had some cake will catch that!)

Also thank you Janet for allowing Vader to get out of the "CritterLitter" Box and stretch his legs.
Today he has been staying clear of me, and has been rather vocal ever since, The car ride home he was chattering while eating his crumble and scratch mix. I Let him out and he B-lined it to his gals, when we got home. They were rather impressed with his return.

Once again this was a great learning experience and chance to mingle with fellow fanciers, I appreciate the efforts of all involved.

Jonny A

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum