Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanted - standard cochins

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wanted - standard cochins Empty Wanted - standard cochins Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Carol D

I'm looking for a trio (or so) of show quality standard cochins. I'm not in a big hurry Laughing but used to have show chickens so am looking for the same quality. I'm located near Cochrane, AB, and would prefer not to ship if at all possible. Thanks!
Cheers,
Carol

2Wanted - standard cochins Empty Re: Wanted - standard cochins Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:44 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have a 4 month old Black Cochin rooster for sale from good stock. We will hopefully have some chicks next spring if you want to wait.

3Wanted - standard cochins Empty Re: Wanted - standard cochins Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello Carol,
We have many trio's available here. Not saying they are show quality but the hen that all of them are out of did well under a junior showing at the Wetaskwin show last year. I imagine the show bird would require more size. My daughter has some show lines now that she is raising up, they are turning out stunning for sure, so she will have youngsters available from them next spring. She is hoping to show them this December in Red Deer so we will see how she makes out.
I make quite a few trips to Calgary and have friends in Cochrane so make it out there as well when we can so delivery wouldnt be an issue.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Wanted - standard cochins Empty Re: Wanted - standard cochins Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:47 am

Carol D

Thank you Rosewood and Hidden River. Yes, it looks like I may be waiting until spring. Hopefully (weather permitting) I can make it to Red Deer this December too and check out the birds.
Cheers,
Carol

5Wanted - standard cochins Empty Re: Wanted - standard cochins Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:18 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Carol, I have some black chicks from show lines right now but plan to grow them out. I am hoping to he a few ready-to-lay pairs by the spring.

I am a bit of a drive from you- aout 3 hours.

Sue

6Wanted - standard cochins Empty Re: Wanted - standard cochins Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 am

Carol D

Thanks Sue! We're "practically" neighbours! Smile
Cheers,
Carol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum