Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magpie Ducks - Blue

+2
Cathyjk
viczoe
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Magpie Ducks - Blue Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:33 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have one lovely pair of Blue Magpie ducks hatched in April. Imported from Holderreads. Very beautiful light duck. asking $50.00 for the pair

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

2Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Heather how big. do they get and would you have pics i am very interested in them

3Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:10 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hello Cathy - they are are smaller duck no bigger than a runner duck but don't have that upright stance. so are in the light duck class, they have a little blue cap on the head and Blue down the back and the rest of the body is white, extemely pretty. I will send a pic to Hidden later ask her to post it for me.

Heather

4Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Excellent, I understand they are really prolific layers too... if you can wait until I am headed back from Kamloops the week of September 11, I will take them!!!

I will be by most likley on the Thurday (like 4 or 5pm)... September 15.

I will bring a kennel for them.

If you want you can just send the picture in mail to me, but then no one else gets to see the pretty ducks!!

My email is kincaic@gmail.com

5Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here are Heather's Ducks.
Magpie Ducks - Blue Ducks_10
Magpie Ducks - Blue Ducks_11

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

6Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:38 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cathyjk are they not the prettiest little things you have seen. Really nice little ducks that fit in beautifully with my runners.

Heather

7Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:47 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, oh, oh, oh no!!! What beautiful things to see and such a tease at the same time, one day I will have my own place (and how many times have I said this, smiling?), and I will again have ducks and other critters, like heritage bronze turkeys, muscovies, runners, and now the magpie ducks. Those are most beautiful, and yes, they sure do go nicely with the white Indian runners, very lovely. And oh I might add, I really like your beautiful pens that you have there. I am wondering if that is the new venture you guys did this spring, I recall you speaking of new pens that you had constructed. Well, lovely to say the very least. Something about blue and white. I had the most beautiful muscovy drake, he had alot of blue and white on him, something ate him, sigh....have a wonderful and great day, CynthiaM

Heather you really need to learn how to post pictures yourself, smiling, I bet you could really show us a lot of beautiful things at your place. I could teach you, so girl, there really is no way out Very Happy

8Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:48 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

viczoe wrote:Cathyjk are they not the prettiest little things you have seen. Really nice little ducks that fit in beautifully with my runners.

Heather

Heather, they are absolutely beautiful!

Sue

9Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:01 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey guys, They are cute, cute, cute. Cynthia like all of us the wish list just keeps getting longer. Yes those are the nice secure pens, we made this spring. Lots of work but they are all netted over and have coming in handy and I wanted to make another couple next spring. I actually have one that has not had any occupants(note to self to change that) but it is always nice to have an empty pen or two.

Cynthia I did do it once and wrote down the instructions, but when I looked back couldn't figure out what I wrote and then lost the instructions. I am just not that computer savvy and just can't get it. Too many things cluttering up my mind, I think. I will call you one day and you can walk me though the process again and maybe it will stick.

Heather

10Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:49 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

viczoe wrote:
Cynthia I did do it once and wrote down the instructions, but when I looked back couldn't figure out what I wrote and then lost the instructions. I am just not that computer savvy and just can't get it. Too many things cluttering up my mind, I think. I will call you one day and you can walk me though the process again and maybe it will stick.

Heather

Heather, as you have taken me under your wing, I will take you also beneath my wing, and we will walk that road together, and you will become very good at bringing the pictures to our family, so we can all see and love what others are doing. It will stick, I am a good mentor and also teach so that people remember, I have a special skill for these kinds of things, it is called patience Cool , in every lil' ol' thing I do. Have that beautiful day, CynthiaM.

11Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:05 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are beautiful ducks Heather. I really would like to get a couple of ducks that are good layers and not to big. I wonder if hubby would notice? Rolling Eyes

I am also happy to help you with posting pictures. I am like CynthiaM, I would love to see more of what you have going on with your breeding and pen building. It is always nice to see other's ideas and plans.

12Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:12 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

ugh, Coopslave, what is that thing in your avatar? A mullosk of some kind, smiling that big smile. Beautiful and wonderful days, CynthiaM.

13Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:17 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is a cicada that was on a hot chili plant in my veggie garden in Australia. You don't often see them, but you sure hear them!

There is a full picture of him here:
https://wcps.canadian-forum.com/t1675-some-veggie-garden-pictures

Sorry Heather, you can have your post back now! Embarassed

14Magpie Ducks - Blue Empty Re: Magpie Ducks - Blue Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:04 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

No Problem coopslave and I may seek you out to help me, I just can't get the hang of it for some reason. I am the kind of person who needs detailed instructions and then if I do it a couple of times it sticks with me. Thanks for the offer

Heather

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum