Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free 5 week old runner duck crosses- SE BC

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I had a hen sitting on eggs, truly I don't know what they are but I only have a few breeds so they are runner crossed with Saxony or Buff (I only have one left so pretty limited changes on that one).

Interesting they are all sort of dark fawn colour with the exception of one yellow and two black ducklings. I can post pictures if that helps.

There are 13 of them!

Can deliver to Calgary area next week (Monday September 5th) as I am headed that way, or to Kamloops on September 11.

Any stop in between works too.

We are located about 45 minutes north of Cranbrook and 2 hours south of Golden.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Any chance of some pictures? Either post them here or email me. I may be convinced to take a couple. (you may hear about a divorce in the near future as well)

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

hahaha... will post some pics here. See if I can get the little beggars to hold still long enough for photo op!

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Pictures.. they will be five weeks on Sunday, September 4th..

Not great photos... from iPhone... and I don't really get how to use it..

Free 5 week old runner duck crosses- SE BC Ducks2

Free 5 week old runner duck crosses- SE BC Ducks1-1

These are the ducks from earlier this year and the geese (they aren't from earlier this spring.. they are a year old)

Free 5 week old runner duck crosses- SE BC Ducks

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, oh......I think I would like the 2 blacks. Which way do you got to Kamloops?
I am not sure how I am going to sneak these by hubby! I don't suppose you know if they are ducks or drakes yet?

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry, I can't distinquish voices and they don't have curled up tails yet.

I am driving west from Golden on the TransCanada to Kamloops, with a small side trip from probably Sicamous down to Enderby and then over to Falkland and up to Kamloops...

Last edited by Cathyjk on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Still too young to voice sex anyways Cathy they'll probably still have the squeaky toy voices at this age. Usually when the chest feathers fill in you can start listening for the girls and the boys hang onto the squeaky toy voice a little longer Very Happy You have some nice runners I'm jealous!

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks! The runners are prolific just like those buffs!

Too bad I'll be away this weekend Cathy - you will literally be driving within minutes of my house, judging by your route. It would have been great to meet you!! However, if you were packing ducklings, it could have been dangerous. Smile Have a safe trip - I hope you find homes for all your ducklings. They sure are cute.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey it's the September 11th week and you don't have to take ducklings, but we could meet for coffee!!!

That's the weekend I'm away. Smile Another time? You travel that route occassionaly, don't you?

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yup, I have a client in Kamloops and also in Vancouver., for sure I am back out the week of October 23...

Let's talk. It would be great to meet. I'll see if Uno and Cynthia and Viczoe want to too. Very Happy I'll send you a pm with my email so we can chat that way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum