Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Raw Milk or cow shared wanted PLEASE :)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Raw Milk or cow shared wanted PLEASE :) Empty Raw Milk or cow shared wanted PLEASE :) Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Rosie C

Not sure how to go about this the right way....... But I am after buying some 'cow shares' or buying raw milk for 'animal use' etc, I have tried to located cow shares on line, but the price breakdown is $5.00/LITRE! to rich for my blood, and then the shipping, If anyone knows who may sell cow shares, or sell milk for animal purpose only per say, I would be very interested, I live in Kamloops, but know that it can be shipped via greyhound
Thanks

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The only milk shares I've heard about in BC are near Prince George, Christina Lake and in the Lower Mainland. We have often talked about milking one of our Highland cows for our own use and have a heifer that we are preparing for that use.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rosie, if you find out, let me know, I would be "in", I miss raw cow's milk so much, my mouth waters for it and the products we used to make. We had that Jersey, about 30 years ago, Candy was her name, and I can still clearly in my mind, recall her milk, and oh the things we made from it....clear as I am sitting here looking at my computer screen. Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for. Hey. Do you have the capacity to have a cow on your property? I would drive to Kamloops to get fresh milk from you, smiling. We could do a deal, a herd share....Have a beautiful, most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Rosie C

I know that in ALbert it can be sold if marked on the bottle 'animal use only' My friends parents bought it from a dairy that way, they used it for the lambs and such. I just cant afford the $5 a litre. We used to have a Jersey cow growing up, and we had so much milk so I was hoping someone might have more then they need, and could ship it to me, and I can buy a share or something, whichever worked. The other places are freezing it, and then sending it greyhound, which I can pay the shipping for etc.

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You might have in the past got away with labelling it "not for human consumption" but i don't think you can anymore.

Before we lived onthe farm we used to get milk from a dairy that just let you pick up the extra at the end of the day, just outside of Edmonton. He had big signs up, UNFIT For human consumption. But the health folks showed up every day taking samples for like three weeks and he finally said, enough. As soon as he stopped letting folks pick up milk, the inspectors stopped showing up.

Cathy

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know there was a place not far from me that did herd sharing, but I just got too busy with life to continue on with conversation with the gal by email. I should get back on that band wagon I think, I wonder if it is still going on, it wasn't secret, she was on the internet then. Have a wonderful and great day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum