Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lots of Birds for Sale!

+5
Prairie Chick
funnyfarm
Blue Hill Farm
k.r.l
Hidden River
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Lots of Birds for Sale! Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a lot of birds for sale. There have been some issues crop up lately and I need to downsize a lot and as soon as possible. Email me if you have something you are interested in. I will be trying to hit Simpson and Moose Jaw Sales, after that everything else will go to auction. Make me an offer and I will see what I can do.

Pullets in Silver Laced Wyandotte, Russian Orloff, Australorp, some off colored Ameraucana's, some pure blue and blacks as well. Most are 16+ weeks old. I also have younger birds in Faverolle, Ameraucana, Australorp, Cochin and Silkies.
I would like to sell the cochins in pairs or trios, also the silkies if we can sex them if not they go as straight run.
Lots of Cockerels to go along with these (except the SLW) if you need some boys as well.

I will also have my breeding quint of Salmon Faverolle's for sale, they are from Sandhill and Ideal Poultry,these are great birds.

I am sure there is more out there, just too hot to stress them out counting and sorting right now, so if there is something you want that I might have just ask and I can go see what is there.

I have young turkeys, some pairs, some ready to finish for butchering.
Lots of ducks for sale, and will also be selling my adult pairs of guinea fowl once all the hens come off their nests.

All my birds over 4 weeks of age have been vaccinated for ILT, all hatchery stock was vaccinated for Mareks, and if old enough all the birds have been boostered with ILT as well.

I will be keeping my Ameraucana's from John Blehm till fall then deciding what to do with them, I am hoping to keep them and my girl's birds, just too much work right now for everything.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:56 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry to hear that Hidden. You have some very nice birds. They should find new homes quickly.

3Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Aww Hidden, I hope you're able to keep your treasured birds, as well as your daughters.

But if you do decide to sell any of your Blehm’s, I’d be very interested. I also might need some guinea cocks by fall, if you happen to have any to spare. It’s looking like my mom’s three are all hens. She’s not fussy about colour either.

4Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty ducks? Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:53 pm

funnyfarm

New Here

Just wondering what kinds of ducks you have for sale. I am looking for some call ducks.

5Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Right now we have 3 call ducks for sale, I have a blue bibbed hen about 2 years old, and a 1 year old grey drake and this spring hatch Blue fawn hen.
Not sure where you are from but we are coming up as far as Calgary tomorrow if you were interested in them.

6Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty ? Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:50 pm

funnyfarm

New Here

I am in Manitoba about 1 1/2 hours east of yorkton sk. How much for the ducks.

7Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We would be asking $100 for the three of them.

8Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know how you feel about the work load i have made the same decision to cut back.

Pm'ed you Jayme

9Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:44 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

How much do you want for the unsexed silkies? My brother might be interested. Are the colors for silkies on your website accurate? What do you want for an Ameraucana pullet?

10Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies wrote:How much do you want for the unsexed silkies? My brother might be interested. Are the colors for silkies on your website accurate? What do you want for an Ameraucana pullet?
The off colored Ameraucana pullets I would let go for $20 each, they are nice looking birds just have a bit of cream color bleed in some of them.
The Silkies depending on age will go around $20 each, most are over 14 weeks just not so good at sexing them yet, could guess but that is it. The younger ones would be around 8 weeks and I would want $16 for them, couldnt even guess sexes on them.
Blue, Black, and some Partridge.
1 White but it has a single comb.

11Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

My brother would like you to try to guess a black pair of Silkies and I would like a black Ameraucana. If you could bring them to Saskatoon on the day you come that would be great.
Thanks

Last edited by JaerhonChanteclerEuskies on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you are heading north any time I lost all my orloffs in the tornado (we were not hit directly, just got the edge of the storm).

13Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Giddyup

Giddyup

So sorry Jayme but you gotta do what you gotta do. I've been struggling with that too and we don't have near amount of animals.
If we weren't so far I'd love a spotted or two or three, lol.

14Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

You have Spotted Aussies? I have a silver head drake and would love a couple of girls for him.

*I need to learn how to type.

15Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Artic I can bring you some Orloff's if I head up that way, most likely to Innisfail on Thanks Giving if I have anything left I need to get rid of.
Giddyup, the spots are staying as long as they can. I have 2 young pairs going to Saskatoon this weekend but other than that the rest are going to stay. They are not much work and the water doesnt seem to bother them.

16Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:15 pm

Rober10169

Hello, are you going to be selling your blue ameraucanas? If so do you have pictures of them so I can see if they are what I am interested in? Did you ever get the lavender ones?

17Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

My ameraucanas will be the last to go if they have to go. I might have some breeding pairs for sale once I get done sorting through them.
I did get some lavendars, just waiting for them to grow some more before I decide what to do with them.
I will try to get some pictures of the birds.

18Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here are some of the youngsters from my hatches this year. These guys are not for sale at this time.
Lots of Birds for Sale! Chicke10
This is a February Hatch Pullet, laying very nice blue eggs.
Lots of Birds for Sale! Chicke11
Here is a group shot of a few younger ones.
Lots of Birds for Sale! Chicke12
A few more younger ones.
Lots of Birds for Sale! Chicke13
Here is a little lavender one for you to see. I am finding they are smaller in size than some of the other's I got like the wheatons, but they might just be slower growing, not sure yet, we will see when they mature out.

19Lots of Birds for Sale! Empty Re: Lots of Birds for Sale! Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:24 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

^ Nice Hidden. I love seeing pics of everyone's birds. Smile

As much as I love my blues, there is something very appealing about self-blue/lavender. From what I’ve gathered, lavenders are one of the Ameraucana varieties still needing a lot of work, especially in size. Breed them with your biggest, nicest blacks and you’ll create splits that will carry one copy of the lavender gene. Breed these back to the lavender parents and you should get 50% self-blue offspring, hopefully with much improved size. (in theory anyway)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum