Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for work in Central Alberta

+3
smokyriver
Skeffling Lavender Farm
Jonny Anvil
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for work in Central Alberta Empty Looking for work in Central Alberta Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

I am on the hunt for work to gain some extra cash before I go back to school, willing to offer any help or services.
If you have some yard work or chores that have been put off and you want done. contact me and we can make an arrangement.

Also if you know of any work that is temporary I am also interested.

Most companies I have applied with will not accommodate someone returning to school with flexible shifts.

Just putting this out there.

Cheers.

Jonathan

2Looking for work in Central Alberta Empty Re: Looking for work in Central Alberta Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Johny, I wish you were closer, we could find you something to do! Good luck with this, I know you will find some good people out there to help out, nice and close. Very Happy

http://www.easychickenry.com/articles-by-skeffling-lavender-farm

3Looking for work in Central Alberta Empty Re: Looking for work in Central Alberta Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:08 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wish we had known sooner! Mind you we are a fair distance away, but we just hired a young fellow for 2 weeks just to help out around here, building, fencing, landscaping with the skidsteer, and just basic jobs around the farm!! Fairly easy work, just not enough of hubby and me to go around!! Can't wait until the kids get a little older and then free labor!! LOL

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

4Looking for work in Central Alberta Empty Re: Looking for work in Central Alberta Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:15 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wish you were closer to me too Jonny, I have 2 livestock shelters that need reslabbed and some barns that need cleaning out...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5Looking for work in Central Alberta Empty Re: Looking for work in Central Alberta Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:52 am

wolfbird_94

wolfbird_94

Post On Kijij Question

http://www.wolfbirdshomestead.weebly.com

6Looking for work in Central Alberta Empty Re: Looking for work in Central Alberta Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I wish I was closer as well......

Oh skid steer.... my favourite.... I have tons of experience on that.

I have posted on Kijiji, but tired of the BS emails that come with that.. I since removed my post on kijiji as it was not worth the harassment.

7Looking for work in Central Alberta Empty Re: Looking for work in Central Alberta Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:00 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

smokyriver wrote:Wish we had known sooner! Mind you we are a fair distance away, but we just hired a young fellow for 2 weeks just to help out around here, building, fencing, landscaping with the skidsteer, and just basic jobs around the farm!! Fairly easy work, just not enough of hubby and me to go around!! Can't wait until the kids get a little older and then free labor!! LOL

I was also anticipating the free labor that comes along with them finally reaching that pre-teen and teenager stage. After all those years of raising them to a good 'helping' age, I figure it's payback time. Warning: there is a very narrow window of opportunity between being old enough to be a big help around the farm, and them wanting to get a "real" job and not being available to you! So make the most of it while you have them around!! Laughing

Jonny, I'm hoping you find something real soon. Education is expensive! Good Luck!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

8Looking for work in Central Alberta Empty Re: Looking for work in Central Alberta Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:59 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

KathyS wrote:
smokyriver wrote:Wish we had known sooner! Mind you we are a fair distance away, but we just hired a young fellow for 2 weeks just to help out around here, building, fencing, landscaping with the skidsteer, and just basic jobs around the farm!! Fairly easy work, just not enough of hubby and me to go around!! Can't wait until the kids get a little older and then free labor!! LOL

I was also anticipating the free labor that comes along with them finally reaching that pre-teen and teenager stage. After all those years of raising them to a good 'helping' age, I figure it's payback time. Warning: there is a very narrow window of opportunity between being old enough to be a big help around the farm, and them wanting to get a "real" job and not being available to you! So make the most of it while you have them around!! Laughing

Jonny, I'm hoping you find something real soon. Education is expensive! Good Luck!

^ KathyS, truer words have never been written. Laughing The window of opportunity for kidlets wanting to help is oh so very narrow and continually shrinking; blink and you might miss it, only to discover it’s gone for good. (Or at least until mid-20’s, so I hear. Heh.)

Best of luck finding work close by Jonny!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum