Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13

+5
k.r.l
Hidden River
nuthatch333
KathyS
liz
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:40 pm

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

This seminar will be held in Red Deer at my dog grooming shop mostly cause the price is right Laughing It is on Aug 13 Saturday will be starting at 11:00am sharp because there is so much material to cover.
This seminar will cover everything related to showing. I will be bathing birds while Rico S explains the process. Yes we have talked Rico into doing this once again! We will be bathing a loose feather and a tight feather breed and nail trims and beak filing.
We will be showing you how to fill out an entry form and be going over coop tags explaining what the judge has marked and abbreviations on the coop tag.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a couple of birds for a critique.This is when you get a chance to learn a lot about your breeds.
Seminar is free for CHB members or $15. for non-members. If you would like to purchase a CHB membership so all your seminars are free it can be purchased at the seminar for $10.
Contact me for registration,questions or any other show related things that you would like to have covered at the seminar.

2C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh I would sooooo love to be there. It sounds like just the thing for someone like me! Feeling ready to try my hand at showing but could surely use some pointers to help get me started. But we have already made other family commitments for that day, so will have to miss this one.
Sad

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

3C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:41 pm

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi Liz;
I sent you a PM but it is in my outbox but not my sent file so I am not sure if it was sent. Anyhow count me in, please send me the registration details. Looking forward to it.
Thanks
Holly

4C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have committed to other plans this weekend as well, darn it. Would sure be nice to know what those comments mean...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:27 am

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

In our next newsletter due Aug 15 Rico as an article about understanding coop tags.

6C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:28 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is awesome Liz I look forward to getting my issue.

7C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:06 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

This seminar looks to be a good one! Always lots to learn. I will be there for sure! I attended something like this last year and it was very helpful for me. Took alot of stress out of the idea of showing birds.

Oh I am really looking forward to the Critique part of this seminar. I find I learn more when I am shown something than reading it in a book.

I wonder if Jonny Anvil is coming with his tasty cupcakes!?!

8C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:59 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

can't wait, it sure will be really helpful learning the ropes!! i would love to bring a bird or 2 with me for Critiqueing!!! and fun visiting with every one!!! Very Happy

9C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 am

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Please email or pm either Liz or myself on how many are coming to the seminar. Want to make sure there is enough chairs for everyone. Thanks Very Happy

10C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:57 am

coyoteacres

coyoteacres

If I come, do I have to behave all day?
Seriously, it sounds like a good day.
And just in case, i do have lots of dirty birds (rain doesn't keep them clean, they go inside before they get clean and then just come back out and play in the mud) if Liz needs any for her washing demo.

http://www.coyoteacresranch.com

11C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:35 am

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Mr.C. Acres if you attend you don't have to behave all day. I know I have asked you to behave at other events we have attended together and I experienced how hard it is on you. It would not a realistic request, so just come as your regular self and will help the other guests to adjust. You are welcome to bring some birds maybe your worst and your best for good comparison. Not sure if I have all your best? Twisted Evil You may be holding out on me with some great Chantys Suspect

12C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:12 am

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We are now having a Barbecue after the seminar at the same location. I will be supplying the barbecue,dead animal products(hamburgers,hotdogs)and veggie burgers . I bought a case of 48 veggie burgers I hope that is enough ;)I know the Judge is looking forward to having his first veggie burger! I will also be bring the Ketchup,Mustard,Relish,Cheese,Mayo... maybe I should just say Condiments. If anyone would like to bring buns salad or desserts that would be great. At the chicken events I have attended lately there is always too much food so lets keep that in mind. It is going to be important to keep Judge Sebastianelli well fed because I have a feeling this seminar is going to run later than he is planning on Sleep

13C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:45 am

Sebas49

Sebas49

I guess I will be attending because I was told that I must be there. I really think it will be fun and a very open discussion. Bring your questions and comments to the seminar. Hopefully after the seminar everyone will be excited to show.

Now as for the BBQ, I hope Liz buys 1 veggie burger and 47 real meat burgers. It has been known through medical studies if human who stop to eat meat they will stop developing their brain because of lack of protein that meat supplies to the brain. These studies can be found on the internet. So, no veggie burger for me and Liz, I think some meat is in order for you to strengthen your brain because it is getting a little mushy.

http://www.c-rducks.com

14C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:44 pm

coyoteacres

coyoteacres

I will plan on attending, especially as I only need to come as myself. I am sure that if Ricco is right, I had best stay away from veggie burgers, because i am likely needing all the brain power I can get.

I could bring Hotdog and hamburger buns, if you like. Just let me know, how many and i will see what I can find. And if you are short on real meat burgers, I could find a few.

15C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:04 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Looking forward to this seminar. I went to something along this line once before and man did i ever learn a ton!

I will be bringing a few of my Sussex for the expert to look over and give me some more pointer. I have founf the info from showing to be a big hand in helping me with my breeding.

Oh I will also bring a salad and might have to bring some meat as you can never trust a vegetarian to bring meat to a bbq lol

16C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:44 pm

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Pigeon guru Casey Vandermeer will be joining us. He will be showing us proper handling of pigeons as well as getting a pigeon ready for show ie: tail lacing on a Fantail. Hope everyone comes with many questions for Casey.

17C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

This seminar is sounding better and better Liz, not that I am into pigeons but good to have everything covered.
I am still trying to find a way to come, just need a travelling partner or two to split fuel and driving.

18C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:15 pm

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That would be a blast if you could make it. If you can come I will get some more veggie burgers Very Happy

19C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:39 am

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Liz could you provide me with directions to your shop? I am hoping to attend (still working on a plan). Either way I want to buy a membership so I get the newsletters etc.

More questions...will there be grooming supplies available for purchase?

And would anyone from Edmonton area going for the day be up for a passenger? I was planning to bring a few birds and myself (I don't take up much space!) if there would be room What a Face

Last edited by poplar girl on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add more questions!)

20C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:58 am

coyoteacres

coyoteacres

Give me an email,call or a pm and we can likely work out a carpool deal. I am only at Fawcett, so not far away.
Also, i am not as bad as Liz, says. At least i don't think so.
I would gladly have company for the drive.

21C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:29 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Patrick can you swing by and pick me up to?
Smile

22C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:20 am

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I can certainly pick up any grooming supplies that people are having trouble finding in their area just tell me what you are looking for.

23C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:39 am

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well...I don't actually know what I need cause I haven't seen you and Rico bath birds yet! It's okay, will make a list and I'm sure I can find the supplies somewhere.

Mr. Coyoteacres I pmed you on the much appreciated offer of a ride!

Looks like I will attend though!!

24C.H.B.  1st Offical Seminar  August 13 Empty Re: C.H.B. 1st Offical Seminar August 13 Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:51 am

coyoteacres

coyoteacres

Jayme, I could be persuaded to. Just might have to leave much earlier than I was anticipating.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum