Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New chicks!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New chicks! on Sat May 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Farmer Bob

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
Here are the latest batch of chicks!   The blonde ones are our buff orpingtons.  The darker ones belong to a friend and are 1/2 orpington barnyard mix.  We had the eggs divided in the incubator, but needn't have worried, as they look completely different from ours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

2 Re: New chicks! on Sat May 02, 2015 4:57 pm

appway

Golden Member
Golden Member
Look Great Farmer Bob
Nice looking batch of Chicks

Last edited by appway on Sat May 02, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected name)

3 Re: New chicks! on Sat May 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Jonny Anvil

Admin
I was just coming on to ask what everyone is hatching out...

Cute little fuzzy butts!

Thanks for sharing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~Breeding for 2015~: Show Quality Large Fowl Light Sussex (J. Samis Lines)
Small personal line of Coronation Sussex & Buff Sussex. Currently working on operation "Project Silver Sussex"
Also breeding Top Quality Black Orpingtons.

4 Re: New chicks! on Sun May 03, 2015 4:46 am

CynthiaM

Golden Member
Golden Member
It is so nice to see little babes...thank you for sharing, they look darling. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

5 Re: New chicks! on Tue May 05, 2015 9:51 am

Derbyshire

What lovely chicks! Any idea what the other half of the barnyard mix they might be? I am curious about the dark brown chicks.

6 Re: New chicks! on Tue May 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Farmer Bob

Full Time Member
Full Time Member
Our friend has an Orpington Rooster that she got from us, and some barred rock hens and some hatchery " sex link" hens...she thinks...she doesn't appear to be really sure. I"m curious to see how these chicks turn out as adults. My understanding is that the barred rock orpington crosses should be quite striking.

7 Re: New chicks! on Tue May 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Derbyshire

It would be wonderful to see photos of the chicks as they grow. I've seen photos of buff orpington/ Jersey Giant crosses, they were buff speckled with black- very beautiful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum