Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:25 am

Derbyshire

Derbyshire

I have been on the forum recently but I got the email informing members of the swap URL change. It was very inviting, I don't know how anyone can resist it! I hope lots of the members who haven't been on for a while return. Very Happy

2Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:07 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree!

It would be most productive if people returned to find a buzzing forum.

Let's all make an effort to start a thread or add to an existing one - revive your favourite topic, post a few photos.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

3Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Thanks,

I could have taken a more "cookie cutter approach and sent a "We Miss You" email....

But for all I know there could actually be members out there who are being held captive by the poultry that they raise and are unable to get online...Laughing a brood of Brahma's or Orpingtons for that matter as docile and as sweet natured as these breeds can be, might be keeping some members from getting online.

Anyone who raises Geese might understand the probability of being help against your will by a gaggle of geese. Laughing

I know my hens can get rather demanding of their scratch and treats.

lol

I was hoping to make people smile and get them to stop by the forum.

10 mins after sending the email out the amount of people online went from 3 to 43, and at least 12 people logged in.

4Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:01 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow! That's impressive.

My Buckeyes stalk me until they get their scratch or kitchen scraps. Kitchen scraps are far more popular - lots of discussion about what the good stuff is...

5Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Heda, I know the feeling...

Whenever I go out to visit my chickens, 9/10 times I get swarmed and surrounded. I have to watch where I step at times.

6Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well done Jonny. I got a smile and a chuckle from the email. Didn't realize that it had slowed so much here
The personal fav here is pancakes. It gets nasty here. Running, clucking jumping chickens and ducks. Almost makes the dog seem boring Laughing

7Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:22 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Try cold spagetti - I think the chickens think it is worms and lunge before they can crawl away!

8Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh will do Twisted Evil

9Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Cold Spaghetti... now that is a great idea for treats.
That would cause one heck of a game of keep away...

Any time I go down there with the treat bowl they come bounding in, acting like lunatics looking for an organic fix... Love it.

10Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Ruffledfeathers wrote:Well done Jonny. I got a smile and a chuckle from the email. Didn't realize that it had slowed so much here
The personal fav here is pancakes. It gets nasty here. Running, clucking jumping chickens and ducks. Almost makes the dog seem boring Laughing

I am glad, sounds like it did what I wanted it to do.
Cause some smiles and generate some interest, get people talking again.

I am sorry but I just don't share my pancakes, I mean I really like to spoil my hens with treats but there is NO way that I will share my delicious pancakes with my chickens. They can have all the eggo waffles they want, but the flapjacks are mine! Twisted Evil

I have a weakness for pancakes...

11Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Sun May 03, 2015 9:46 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heya folks, it's been awhile! Hope all is well with everyone.  Smile

And nice to see this forum getting active again. I actually thought it had been taken offline when my old url didn't work awhile back. I'm sorry to say I didn't get the email from Jonny (sniff) but instead was redirected via goggle.
Very glad I searched for it now. Very Happy

12Nice email!  Johhny Anvil :-) Empty Re: Nice email! Johhny Anvil :-) Sun May 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Blue Hill Farm wrote:Heya folks, it's been awhile! Hope all is well with everyone.  Smile

And nice to see this forum getting active again. I actually thought it had been taken offline when my old url didn't work awhile back. I'm sorry to say I didn't get the email from Jonny (sniff) but instead was redirected via goggle.
Very glad I searched for it now. Very Happy

Welcome back!

Sorry you didn't get the email, but very glad that you found your way through google.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum