Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please. With first test run on Wyandotte eggs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Just candle my first test run on my Wyandottes in the incubator. The BLR, SL, and GL, have all been in the incubator for 6 days. One pullet out of 3 BLR laying, 2/2 fertile. Three of 4 SL pullets laying, 5/5 fertile. Three of 5 GL laying, 3 of 4 fertile. The whites have only been in 3 days, 1 of 4 pullets laying, 4/5 fertile. In total 14/16 eggs fertile for 86%. Not bad for 4 young Roos. Will be setting another larger test group tomorrow, at least 6 to 12 eggs of each type. If results are as good, 86% or better, I will have some for sale. Thinking of selling mixed boxes of 25 eggs with some from all four types. My shipping foam and box holds 25 eggs. When more of each type start laying I will be able to sell boxes of 1 or 2 types. Really excited to have 4 young fertile Roos fertile so early. Last year most were not fertile till June, some not till August.

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

Derbyshire

Derbyshire

That's great! the chickens think it's spring........ I think your idea of selling 4 flavours of wyandotte in a box will be a very good seller!!! I am tempted already!! Kind of a Rainbow Pack. Good idea.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum