Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dec 21st US Coturnix egg hatch

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dec 21st US Coturnix egg hatch Empty Dec 21st US Coturnix egg hatch Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Dec 21st hatch. My 2nd hatch of chicks from US Coturnix quail eggs from JamesMarieFarms, Louisiana. There were 208 eggs this order, the following hatched: 35/104Jumbo Pharaoh. 14/52 true Texas A&M (jumbo whites), 10/52 other colors (3 that I think are white Golden). 59/208 = 28% hatch rate. Slightly better then the 25% hatch rate of the first 100 eggs I got. Not a bad rate for eggs shipped roughly 3500 km (about 2150 miles) and that spent about 10 days in the mail. I now have about 60 Jumbo Pharaohs between my two US hatches.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

2Dec 21st US Coturnix egg hatch Empty Re: Dec 21st US Coturnix egg hatch Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:39 pm

okanagan_peppers

okanagan_peppers

cheers that is so awsome! Glad things are going good for you with these quails. Love the pics!! If I had the room..... Smile

3Dec 21st US Coturnix egg hatch Empty Re: Dec 21st US Coturnix egg hatch Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

okanagan_peppers wrote:cheers that is so awsome! Glad things are going good for you with these quails. Love the pics!! If I had the room..... Smile  

Never know! They don't take much space. 2 x 4 will hold 8, 3 males, 5 hens, or 8 hens if you just want eggs.

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

4Dec 21st US Coturnix egg hatch Empty Re: Dec 21st US Coturnix egg hatch Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:12 am

okanagan_peppers

okanagan_peppers

Perryschofield wrote:
okanagan_peppers wrote:cheers that is so awsome! Glad things are going good for you with these quails. Love the pics!! If I had the room..... Smile  

Never know! They don't take much space. 2 x 4 will hold 8, 3 males, 5 hens, or 8 hens if you just want eggs.

Maybe one day.....I got my bird #'s down from about 300 birds to now 10 - 20 birds. I did enjoy keeping the coturnix quail but have also got out of them as well. They just make them so darn pretty Laughing it's hard to pass up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum