Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally, some US Jumbo Coturnix chicks hatched PICTURE ADDED

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Finally some success with my US importation of Jumbo coturnix eggs from James Marie Farm in Louisiana. The last order had 100 eggs, mostly Jumbo Pharaoh type (normal brown type, check out his website to see pictures of them - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   He also toss in a few Golden Manchurian /Italian Speckled crossed eggs to give me some new blood for my line of Golden coturnixs.  26 eggs were fertile, 25 hatched, 1 died coming out. 21 of the chicks were the Jumbo Pharaoh and 3 were golden. If I can raise them I should have the first US Jumbo eggs for sale in 7-8 weeks, around the end of January. I already have 30 pre-ordered  orders of 50 eggs each.

There is another shipment of 200 eggs that should be here early this coming week (Dec 2-4) which consist of 100 Jumbo Pharaoh and 100 true Texas A&M (Jumbo meat whites). Hopefully I will get some fertile eggs from them.  

Pre-orders will be sent in the order I receive them. I will be only shipping a max of 100 to any one order until I have filled the first 30 back orders. Then I will ship the 2nd part of any orders over 100.

Hopefully I can raise the ones I have and get more to hatch from the next 200. Thanks to all the people who pre-ordered and with luck I can start shipping your eggs by the end of January and into February / March.

Anyone who wants eggs in April/May should order soon.

Thanks
Perry

Last edited by Perryschofield on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi. Here is a picture of my new US jumbo Coturnix babies hatched on Saturday, Nov 28th, 2014. . Eggs imported legally from James Marie Farm in Lousania, US. Thank you Robbie Richards for your help in making this happen. Expecting 200 more eggs this week, 100 Jumbo Pharaoh and 100 true Jumbo Texas A&M (large white meat Coturnix)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Candled the second 200 today, day 5. Looks like 30 more fertile Jumbo Pharaoh eggs (another 10 possible) out of the 100 of them. A possible 14 Jumbo White Texas A&M's ( maybe another 8 of them) out of their 50 eggs. There are also about 15 of the other 3 colours of regular size Coturnix he sent - Tuxedo, Golden Whites, an English Range (maybe 8 more of them) out of their 50 eggs. I am looking at the possibility of the same (25 to 30%) fertility I got from the previous 100 egg order. I will re-candlethem them at 10 days to get a better idea on possible chicks.

This should give me around 20-25 Jumbo Pharaoh breeding hens ready to lay by the first week of February so I can start filling my egg orders. Hoping for 1 more order of 50-100 Texas A&M. Need at least 20 hens before I will start selling them. If I do not get anymore I will have to take the first two of three weeks of eggs to work at building up my egg laying flock of them.

I am going to use my largest extra Jumbo Pharaoh males to breed out to my other colours. This will increase the size in all the colours. I will then breed them back togather to get the colour I want. This will put the Jumbo gene into all my colours. By selecting the biggest birds for that colour I can then get the size of them up to close to the Jumbo Pharaoh size.

Azure Farm

Azure Farm

Nice birds. These are definitely on my want list for next year. Interested in seeing how your breeding program goes. Good luck

http://azurepoultry.webs.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum