Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Updated route - includes Athabasca, Slave Lake, High Prairie there, and possibly Vernon/Kamloops on the way back

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Offering transport from Van Island through Vancouver/Jasper/Edmonton *Athabasca, Slave Lake, High Prairie*/Grande Prairie.  Return trip is GP to Edmonton/Calgary/Revelstoke/Kamloops (considering Vernon, Kelowna/Merrit instead)/Vancouver and VI.  I will do most of the driving at night/evenings/early AM to avoid the mid-day heat.

Space will be limited on the way there, as I will have 3 crates of piglets and adult geese.  On the trip back I will have a little bit more room, and so far may have a crate of piglets and some chicks.

***Now taking a trailer, so LOTS of room***
Updated dates:

** Leaving afternoon August 17, most of the trip on August 18, arriving in GP on the 19. Return on the 20/21.

Last edited by islandgal99 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit route, edit dates, added trailer)

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

When are you headed out this way Island Girl? I need 6 pullets transported out that direction.

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oops - I guess I forgot the date. Leaving August 16. My return date will be around August 19/20.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm almost packed and ready - just have to load up pigs, chickens and eggs into the trailer tomorrow. I can't wait to meet everyone.

Here's the itinerary, subject to change. I know there are some folks to talk to still to arrange meeting places and such for later legs - I'll work on getting in touch with everyone tomorrow on the ferry. My cellphone is not in order, and email will work best as it's easily checked when I get to a wifi location. I will send a note to folks at 1 city prior to where we are to meet. Please email me if there are details we still need to work on.

Sunday 17

11am - Gabriola ferry
1245pm - duke point ferry -

245pm - Tsawassen -

440pm ish - Katts/Chilliwack area -
Later - Merritt
Later that night - nap somewhere...

Monday 18

6-7am - Kamloops - early Monday morning - petro Canada truck station on the hill

5pm - Edmonton outskirts

8-9pm Athabasca - - sleep

Tuesday 19

Lakes Route through Slave lake, High Prairie to GP

Noonish - Grande Prairie

Wednesday 20

Leave GP early morning

Edmonton - noonish or earlier

Rimbey -

4-5pm - Calgary - outskirts and to Calway park -
Midnight - Revelstoke

Wednesday 20