Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Updated route - includes Athabasca, Slave Lake, High Prairie there, and possibly Vernon/Kamloops on the way back

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

islandgal99

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Offering transport from Van Island through Vancouver/Jasper/Edmonton *Athabasca, Slave Lake, High Prairie*/Grande Prairie.  Return trip is GP to Edmonton/Calgary/Revelstoke/Kamloops (considering Vernon, Kelowna/Merrit instead)/Vancouver and VI.  I will do most of the driving at night/evenings/early AM to avoid the mid-day heat.

Space will be limited on the way there, as I will have 3 crates of piglets and adult geese.  On the trip back I will have a little bit more room, and so far may have a crate of piglets and some chicks.

***Now taking a trailer, so LOTS of room***
Updated dates:

** Leaving afternoon August 17, most of the trip on August 18, arriving in GP on the 19. Return on the 20/21.

Last edited by islandgal99 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit route, edit dates, added trailer)

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

Karaandblue

When are you headed out this way Island Girl? I need 6 pullets transported out that direction.

islandgal99

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
Oops - I guess I forgot the date. Leaving August 16. My return date will be around August 19/20.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

islandgal99

Addicted Member
Addicted Member
I'm almost packed and ready - just have to load up pigs, chickens and eggs into the trailer tomorrow. I can't wait to meet everyone.

Here's the itinerary, subject to change. I know there are some folks to talk to still to arrange meeting places and such for later legs - I'll work on getting in touch with everyone tomorrow on the ferry. My cellphone is not in order, and email will work best as it's easily checked when I get to a wifi location. I will send a note to folks at 1 city prior to where we are to meet. Please email me if there are details we still need to work on.

Sunday 17

11am - Gabriola ferry
1245pm - duke point ferry -

245pm - Tsawassen -

440pm ish - Katts/Chilliwack area -
Later - Merritt
Later that night - nap somewhere...

Monday 18

6-7am - Kamloops - early Monday morning - petro Canada truck station on the hill

5pm - Edmonton outskirts

8-9pm Athabasca - - sleep

Tuesday 19

Lakes Route through Slave lake, High Prairie to GP

Noonish - Grande Prairie

Wednesday 20

Leave GP early morning

Edmonton - noonish or earlier

Rimbey -

4-5pm - Calgary - outskirts and to Calway park -
Midnight - Revelstoke

Wednesday 20