Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2nd Annual CHB Lawn Show, July 12th Red Deer, AB

+4
lanaire-ranching
poplar girl
KathyS
Canadian Heritage Breeds
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Canadian Heritage Breeds

Canadian Heritage Breeds

Canadian Heritage Breeds is pleased to be hosting it's second annual Lawn Show at Sunnybrook Farm Museum in Red Deer Alberta on Saturday July 12th. This will be an APA sanctioned poultry show and a great opportunity to showcase some of your birds and get some feedback!

Entries are now being accepted, please visit the CHB website for more information. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We hope to see a great turnout of birds and their owners!

http://www.canadianheritagebreeds.com/

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

The CHB Lawn Show is one of my favorite events!

Here are a few good reasons to take part in the Lawn Show:

1. No pressure! Its a smaller show in a very relaxed setting. (an open shed) It might feel less intimidating for those who are new to showing.

2. It’s easy to prepare your chickens for a show in the summer. Pick a nice warm day, a few days before the show. Wash and rinse them in tubs outside and put them in a cage where the warm breeze will dry them naturally. They will look fabulous for the show! sunny

3. Its an awesome opportunity to get professional feedback from a very experience and knowledgeable judge. Our own Rico Sebastianelli really knows his stuff, and with fewer birds to judge, he will have time to answer questions and offer his expert opinion on the birds you entered.

4. Remember, CHB has been chosen to host the Canadian National show in November! This summer Lawn show is also an APA sanctioned poultry show and will be a perfect trial run to get you geared up for the big fall show.

5. Fun for the whole family! Sunnybrook Farm is a perfect location because it's fun and interesting for everyone in the family. From antique farm equipment to a variety of farm animals, everyone will be entertained - whether they enjoy looking at chickens or not. tongue There is a concession on site as well. A great place to spend the day!

We hope you will plan to take part in the show and enter a few of your Chickens, Turkeys, Guineas, Ducks or Geese. See you there!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

And free for CHB members as part of the day's events there will be a goat and sheep hoof trimming seminar and a goat milking demonstration. Something for everyone Smile
 2nd Annual CHB Lawn Show, July 12th Red Deer, AB 931874130 

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Butterboy

Butterboy

I just sent in my entries and I am really looking forward to the day! It is not only a great chance to show birds, but it is also a great way to meet other people share interests.

I am especially excited for the egg show and have a number of entries. I am especially happy for this class as many of my birds are not in show condition but they sure are laying pretty eggs!

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, its not the best time of year for many of the birds that have been busy in breeding pens. I think I'll be bringing more roosters to this show and maybe a couple of this year's older pullets that are getting to a good size now.
And yes, the egg show is a great way to take part if this year's chicks are still too young and the adults are looking too scruffy. Whatever you choose to enter, it's going to be a great day.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

On the other hand if you started hatching early you may have some lovely cockerels and pullets to show! I sure do!

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:On the other hand if you started hatching early you may have some lovely cockerels and pullets to show!  I sure do!

In my breeds I find the pullets are ready to show earlier than the cockerels.  I have some nice big pullets now that look like young adults, so I think I'll bring a couple to see what Judge Rico has to say about them.  The cockerels still look like teenage boys...almost ready for showing, but not quite there yet.  But they'll be ready for the big fall show for sure!

Will you have some of your bantam Dark Cornish at the show, Sue? I really enjoy seeing those solid little bricks!

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am looking forward to it too. I have some late last fall pullets I would like to get an opinion on, and some very nice young cockerels to show. Becky has a nice white chantecler rooster to show and maybe a couple of white pullets. This really is the easiest show of the year for breeders. Its only one day and its warm (or hopefully so) but under a shelter it really is a very pleasant show. I encourage any of you with birds you are planning to breed to take this opportunity to have them professionally assessed. Hope to see you all there, even if you don't show, come out and see what everyone else is working on.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Just finished bathing 6 of the birds I am showing! They are drying on my lawn in the sun! Still a few more to get bathed.

Remember deadline for entries is this Wednesday.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Entries are all in and CHB has over 100 entries for the Lawn Show this Saturday July 12th!

The weather sounds like it will be wonderful! Make sure to bring a lawn chair! Sunnybrook Farms concession will be open along with their petting zoo and playground!

Canadian Heritage Breeds

Canadian Heritage Breeds

CHB would like to thank Rico as our judge, the exhibitors for all the quality birds entered, and the spectators that helped to make the 2nd Annual Lawn Show a great day. There were over 100 birds entered in the show and a steady flow of spectators thorough out the day.

Congratulations to Crystal McKinnon as Show Champion with her bronze turkey tom . More show results will be included in the next CHB Newsletter, available to members soon.

And a BIG  Thank You  to those who helped set-up and clean up after the show!

http://www.canadianheritagebreeds.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum