Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

candler light which do you use

+6
Farmchiq
bcboy
Cathyjk
authenticfarm
mirycreek
islandhogan
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1candler light  which do you use Empty candler light which do you use Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:27 am

islandhogan

New Here

Hello all
First post here.
Question; What light do you use for candling? I need to get another one and see that there are lots of choices.
Also, does anyone have a link for Bothkin. ? I thought they were a supplier of poultry products but could not find anything.
All help appreciated.
Thanks
Michael

2candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Botkin enterprises or clayton botkin can distrib of brinsea
I have the high intensity ovaview from him and love it!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the high intensity candler is awesome!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:52 am

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

All i have ever used is one of those little LED flashlights.. you know, maybe 2-3 inches in length.
Seem to work fine

5candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Cathyjk wrote:All i have ever used is one of those little LED flashlights.. you know, maybe 2-3 inches in length.
Seem to work fine
That's what I use too...And a toilet paper tube.

6candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:23 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

JDWest wrote:
Cathyjk wrote:All i have ever used is one of those little LED flashlights.. you know, maybe 2-3 inches in length.
Seem to work fine
That's what I use too...And a toilet paper tube.

Me Three... Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by bcboy on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

7candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:46 am

An upgrade is lining the toilet paper tube with tinfoil. Laughing 

8candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:59 am

Farmchiq

Farmchiq

I have an old handmade candler. It's a box - almost shoebox sized - with a light mounted inside on the short end, and a hole about egg sized drilled in the long side just next to the light. Turn on the light (in a darkened room), hold the egg to the hole, and voila! Works like a charm.

9candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fresh batteries are necessary! I have the Halo 800 Lumens min flashlight - good for lots of things!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

10candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:51 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I use the flashlight app on my iphone since my mini led flashlight bit it.

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

11candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:56 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wanted an ova view HI candler, but cheaped out and bought a LED flashlight instead. I must say it works really well, even on blue and green eggs.

JDWest wrote:An upgrade is lining the toilet paper tube with tinfoil. Laughing

Another upgrade is installation into a coffee can.  geek

fuzzylittlefriend wrote:I use the flashlight app on my iphone since my mini led flashlight bit it.

I'm going to try this next!

12candler light  which do you use Empty Re: candler light which do you use Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:54 pm

okanagan_peppers

okanagan_peppers

Farmchiq wrote:I have an old handmade candler.  It's a box - almost shoebox sized - with a light mounted inside on the short end, and a hole about egg sized drilled in the long side just next to the light.  Turn on the light (in a darkened room), hold the egg to the hole, and voila!  Works like a charm.

I have a homemade one as well just about the same as "farmchiq" I use a 100 watt light bulb. Used for candling my hatching eggs only.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum